- 1lb beets (peeled)
- 2 Tablespoons red palm oil OR coconut oil
- 2 cups of quinoa (prepared per the package directions*no salt*)…
- a TINY pinch of garlic powder
- a TINY pinch of oregano powder
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup torn kale leaves
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
Preheat oven to 400F
Cut beets into 1/2 inch cubes, place in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with your chosen oil. Bake until fork tender (about 20 minutes).
Remove beets from oven and cool to room temp.
In a medium bowl, toss
- cooked quinoa
- basil pumpkin seeds
- almond butter
Carefully fold in the beets. If you mix this to much the beets will break down and turn everything purple.
Before serving to your feathered babies drizzle with Birdie Balsamic Dressing (Click to see recipe)
Thank you Jami Galindo