- 1 cup of tri colored quinoa cooked and cooled
- 1 package of salt free seaweed paper
- 1/2 cup of matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 cup of matchstick cut radish
- 1/2 cup of matchstick cut jalapeño ( seeded ) ( wear gloves while you do this part ) or use different colored sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
NOTE: Using a sushi mat makes this easier!
Take a sheet of the salt free seaweed and lay it before you on a clean counter take a couple of spoons of the tri colored quinoa and spread it evenly out covering the sheet of seaweed.
next you add a layer of spinach to the entire sheet of tri colored quinoa and seaweed
Now turn the entire sheet laying it lengthwise to you and add carrots and the other veggies each one layer at a time
now roll your sushi sealing the seaweed with a tiny bit of water place it in Saran Wrap tightly and on the fridge for 30 minutes than remove and remove Saran Wrap slicing it in sushi style circles for your birdies
This is so much fun especially with kids to help you do it — and the birds love it! You can also use rice instead of quinoa but get creative use red rice or green rice.
Thanks Marie Miller